The March 11th guild meeting will be another fun and exciting evening. Here is what we have in store:
- Hospitality goodies provided by Janelle Jackson, Betty Jo Pernell and Faith Smith.
- Betty Jo Pernell will share with us about her trip to Mid- Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA.
- The program for the evening is "Color Theory in Quiltmaking" presented by Belinda Leach. Bring five swatches of tone on tone or solid fabric (no black, white or brown) to use in an activity with this presentation.
- A raffle drawing for the March Block of the Month, the shamrock.
- Presentation of the April Block of the Month.
- Fat Quarter Frenzy - Bring a fat quarter, green if you can, to throw in the shopping bag for the chance to win all the fat quarters.
The first charity quilt workshop was held on Tuesday, February 26. It was the perfect activity for a rainy day. Much was accomplished by the six members in attendance. Two quilts got quilted and taken to have the binding added. There are two other quilts ready to be quilted and three tops that are in progress. Be sure to join is for the next workshop on March 26.
Debbie Powell instructing Betty Jo Pernell in the use of the
Karen Hanny and Donna Wesemann putting together quilt tops.